Strategic Estate Planning
Can Achieve Your Objectives
Developing Sound Business Succession Plans And Investment Strategies
When you own and operate your company, it is easy to prioritize current problems over future concerns. Designing a business succession plan may not help you increase this quarter’s profit or streamline an effective process; however, it is a key component of your business legacy.
At Gadzo Law, P.C., we recognize that your time is a valuable commodity, which is why you can rely on us to handle the business succession planning process as expeditiously as possible. Our attorneys, Alexandra Gadzo and Robyn Zorea, have represented countless affluent professionals in the Bay Area. They are familiar with the legal needs you may face and are able to create custom solutions that achieve your goals.
Educating You On Your Options
Whether you intend to sell your business or transfer your ownership stake to your children, strategic planning today can minimize legal headaches tomorrow. Our lawyers draw on substantial taxation, wealth management and estate planning experience when they counsel business clients about their options.
We are able to identify the legal and tax consequences associated with the decisions you make regarding your entity’s future. After we listen to your goals and your concerns, we can present a cost-benefit analysis for your available options, which may include:
- Engaging in a buy-sell agreement
- Creating a family limited partnership (LP)
- Establishing a limited liability company (LLC)
- Transferring business ownership to employees, partners or other stakeholders
- Purchasing life insurance to avoid selling your business or to fund a buyout of the deceased owner’s stake
- Gifting of interests in family and business entities
- Pursuing an entity wind down
Our attorneys have handled thousands of transactions in their careers, regularly designing, negotiating and revising complex agreements that secure favorable terms for their clients in California. We are able to prepare and execute a variety of contracts that streamline the business succession process, including intrafamily loans, asset sales agreements and other supporting documentation.
Creating Family Investment Entities To Safeguard Your Long-Term Interests
Alexandra and Robyn also advise clients on common investment vehicles for LPs, family investment partnerships and other family entities. We leverage our understanding of wealth management strategies to identify the challenges and benefits associated with investment opportunities. We provide sound counsel on stocks, bonds, real estate and other vehicles.
We design investment strategies to help your family’s partnership:
- Create substantial asset blocks, which allows you to gain access to money managers or investment opportunities available to high net worth individuals
- Winnow the number of investment accounts which may reduce account and advisory fees
- Streamline your investment portfolio, making it easier to assess and rebalance investments
Setting aside time to discuss your long-term objectives today can improve the likelihood that you realize your goals in the years ahead. Whether you have a retirement date in mind or are only investigating your options, we invite you to contact our firm to learn more.
Connect With A Knowledgeable Attorney
Learn how your business goals may affect your tax liabilities and your beneficiaries during a private consultation. You can reach our Los Altos firm via our contact form or by calling 650-397-9300.